My Favorite Candles
A few of my favorite things to buy for our apartment lately has been candles, oil diffusers, and wall plug ins.
When we first moved into our apartment it was quite obvious that a smoker had lived there before us. We had our carpet replaced but the smell was still super noticeable. So to make the best of a stinky situation I started buying candles, wall plug ins and oil diffusers galore! I tried the air cleaning candles and wall plugs ins but didn’t really notice a difference. Below are a few of my favorite smells that helped us combat the stench.
This is honestly my all time favorite candle EVER. I think it works great no matter the season and it has a tart warm smell from the cranberries and hint of pear.
2. Yankee Candle Cinnamon Scone Medium Crackling LumiWick™ Vase Candle
As you know, I love baking. That's why I fell in love with this candle the second I found it. It literally smells just like I have cinnamon muffins baking in the oven. It’s a bit strong for small spaces but if you’re close enough you can hear the wooden wick crackle!
3. White Barn Home Wallflowers in Lemon. This is one of my husbands’ favorites for the kitchen. Its light, fresh, airy and not too noticeable. Perfect for dissipating those cooking smells.
4. Pier 1 Imports Reed Diffuser – Citrus Cilantro. This is one of those fragrances that reminds me of great memories in the past. My very first apartment smelled exactly like this in the kitchen and it totally takes me right back to living by the beach and that awesome summer. It’s great for a kitchen or breakfast nook.
5. Trish McEvoy Wild Blueberry Vanilla Scented Candle. Such an awesome combination of fragrances! I received this candle as a gift around Christmas time and I just finished burning it. It’s a higher price point that your average candle but definitely worth it!
6. Capri Blue Volcano Mercury Glass Jar Candle. Who doesn’t love the smell of these candles when you walk into Anthropologie?! Even better is the stunning mercury glass jar that you can reuse for your odds and ends on your bedside table!