Thankful Thursday 9/4: Husband Edition
Today I want to focus on 10 reasons I'm thankful for my husband. We've been married almost 5 months which doesn't seem like much given we have so many years to come. I truly believe in supporting and lifting him up because it's so important to speak well of each other. So today I give you 10 reasons I'm thankful for this man.
1. He loves God and works so hard to run after Him.
2. He can't wait to be a Dad. I was never someone who wanted kids or dreamed of being a mom. He's definitely changed my perspective on kids and I couldn't be more excited to see him in the role of father.
3. He's patient. Even when I'm difficult and moody, he's patient.
4. He works incredibly hard for us and our future family. He's driven and extremely talented. He makes every effort to check in with me throughout the day, back to back meetings or not.
5. He's learning to love me in my love language. I'm big on words of affirmation and he works so hard at telling me I've made a great dinner, I look pretty, or he appreciates me doing the laundry. He notices the details of what I do for us which makes me feel so loved.
6. He encourages me to try new things, stretches me, pushes me to take risks. I'm a control freak and spontaneity isn't my strong suit. He encourages but doesn't bulldoze over me.
7. He's smokin' hot and makes me laugh till I cry.
8. He's the best snuggler I know and writes the sweetest notes on my back.
9. He loves his family and my family like his own.
10. He loves me for me and sees the best in me when I don't see it in myself. He's my favorite person in the whole world.
So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband. Ephesians 5:33